Sunday, April 18, 2010

Leapfish actually will give out cash-- it just launched


When I first heard about this, I was wondering how LeapFish could possibly make any money by giving stuff out, but it turns out they make money on advertising, so it makes sense to do a contest such as this one to build up the traffic so they have more ad inventory to sell. One of the options you can do to earn points, and I think it's the one that has the most points associated with it, is to post a YouTube video.  You get 200 points for that and then another 100 points for every 1,000 people that view it.  Unfortunately, I suck at YouTube, so I'm probably not going to get many points that way.  But I am quite a heck of a blogger, and from my guess here I'm already at 130 words for this post, so I just need to have one more good paragraph.

The other part of the way to earn things, besides being one of the first folks to hit a point level, is to qualify by setting your homepage as the leapfish.com homepage.  I can understand that there is a lot of value in setting your homepage to leapfish-- at least for leapfish's sake, since then leapfish is what people see over and over.  The question is whether they're strong enough content-wise to justify being your homepage.  From what I can tell, it's not bad-- it's decently good news site.  Not sure how they populate the site with content, but it seems up to date and fresh.

No comments: