Sunday, April 18, 2010

Leapfish using viral methods to build traffic

I had lunch yesterday with Hywel, who runs Business Development for Leapfish.  If the other folks in this company are as bright as Hywel, then consider them a formidable player in social media.  They are running a contest with $100k in cash prizes, if you haven't seen.

I'm writing this second blog post, in full disclosure, to see if the system credits me for another 100 points for each blog post.  The contest rules don't appear to have a limit on the number of blog posts that one could submit about LeapFish each day, so I would guess that you could hire a bunch of Indians to crank out content, or even just use an auto-generator of content-- many, many article spinners out there to do this.

They are also offering 50 points per link that folks make to Leapfish.  I believe this is the most powerful of the techniques that they're using to promote the product-- and it should probably deserve more points than being awarded relative to the other ways to earn points.

The 200 word minimum is a good initial measure of quality-- to prevent people from writing one line reviews of the product to gain points.  As of my last paragraph, I was at 175 words, so I'm writing this additional paragraph to get above that limit.  Thus, this paragraph must have at least 25 words.

So--- did you sign up for LeapFish and how many points are you at?

No comments: