Monday, April 19, 2010

LeapFish has great social features

One of the great things about social media is real-time content and video.  It’s like TV, except personalized to you.  I looked at the LeapFish homepage today and I see breaking news for Yahoo and the various NBA playoff games.  This is not just what you’d typically get on a news site—it’s interactive and has pictures and video.
What would make it even better is to use Facebook Connect to make it more shareable directly.  I see Facebook Connect is already employed, but it’s not quite as obvious to me as a new user how to comment directly on that page and see what my friends are doing.  For example, I clicked on the news article on how Dirk Nowitski helped the Mavericks win tonight, which took me to a Yahoo! News page, from which then I could comment.  Perhaps I misunderstand LeapFish as a news distributor.
And it could be that the new announcements coming in just 2 days at the Facebook F8 conference will change all that, since Facebook functionality will soon be available to all pages, not just those that reside on Facebook.  Curious to see what LeapFish is able to do when that new functionality rolls out!

No comments: